06 March 2009

happy birthday weekend to me :)

it has been a fabulous day. the weather is un-freakin'-believable and i cannot believe that less than a week ago there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. i am sitting in our backyard blogging. on the deck, with the dog by my side. how incredibly lovely.

sean is taking me out for my birthday tonight (my bday isn't until sunday) to the tower room, which is at the top of this building:
yes, please! we tried to do this restaurant for valentine's but, as you can imagine, reservations filled up quickly.

earlier, sean's sister and her boyfriend came over for a couple of drinks. we sat out on our back deck with the dog, the cat, and some beer and had a grand ol' time. it truly feels like spring... and that makes me immensely happy :)

i love birthdays that flank the weekend, because then you really get several days to celebrate. tonight is our romantic "just the two of us" night, tomorrow is girl's night (i think mollie fontaine's is the plan), and sunday is family night (special dinner, cake and ice cream! yay!). I LOVE IT. maybe things will change as i get older, but i love birthdays and i loooove making them last as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment