29 December 2008

so aggravating.

tonight was my 2nd attempt to join the downtown YMCA. i have given the membership a lot of thought- probably for about a month or so- and have finally decided that i cannot get back into shape unless i am motivated by money disappearing from my checking account. it's sad that the 10 extra pounds i'm carrying around aren't enough to motivate me, but i guess that's life.

i tried to sign up once before, and several things went wrong. first, i had my 10-40 tax form, and i needed my W-2. what the hell. it's the same difference to me. second, the snooty (that's correct... SNOOTY) gentleman at the counter was impossible to understand. i decided that i was going to attempt to workout at home, and only join the gym if i was not able to motivate myself without it. 

and guess what. apparently i need monetary motivation. surprise surprise.

so i went to sign up tonight- and was halfway there when i remembered that i am out of checks... and OF COURSE they need a voided check to setup the direct deposit... which is OF COURSE the only way they let you pay. so i'm still gym-less, and now i have to remember to order more checks. 

i don't know what happened to me. 3 years ago, i worked out religiously- and first thing in the morning! then architecture studio started to kick my ass and everything went downhill from there. now if i workout twice in one week i feel like a stud. 

i have decided to run a 10k. on valentine's day. and that's totally do-able. i can run a 5k now no problem. a couple of friends are doing the 10k with me as well. so i'm hoping that between a monthly gym fee and 2 friends who already work out more than i do, i'm thinking i should be able to get motivated. and now that i've announced the 10k in this post, i feel more accountable. 

and i swear i'm going to join the gym this week. i'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment